It’s been pretty quiet around here, huh? I have to apologize for that. Things continue to be crazy and depressing in all sorts of ways that make it really difficult to focus on hanfic things. But I have finally sorted out the Anthem era Hall of Fame. Before you head over to that page (link in the sidebar) to see who the lucky winners were, here’s some fun trivia about the hall of fame as a whole.
- The Hall of Fame began in the fall of 2011 as part of the “Introduction to Hanfic” page. At that time, it consisted of five eras featuring ten slots each. The Hall of Fame now has seven eras with twenty slots each.
- The eras mostly follow Hanson’s album releases with two exceptions. The This Time Around Era actually covers 1999 and 2000, as the year long drought during the wait for “Album X” was a defining time for the fandom. Likewise, the loooooong wait for Underneath (2001-2003) is considered the Strong Enough To Break Era. Even though MOE isn’t really a “new” album, it’s time for a new era for sure!
- Although there are now 140 slots, there are actually 264 individual stories featured.
- Roughly 57% of the Hall of Fame slots are filled by het stories, 21% cest stories, 11% slash stories and 11% gen stories.
- These stories were written by 118 individual authors. The most stories featured by any one author is six.
- Seventeen authors have stories featured in more than one era’s list.
- Twelve stories in the Hall of Fame have titles that are derived Hanson song lyrics. Two also use well known quotes from the boys, and two others reference Oklahoma and Tulsa.
- Only two titles appear more than once in the Hall of Fame. Stay appears in the Middle of Nowhere era, written by Pamella, and in the Anthem era as part of the Salvation Series by Calla and Diamond. Lost Without Each Other is both a trilogy by Kerry in the Underneath era and a single story by KT in the Anthem era.
I dunno about you, but that sort of stuff fascinates me. And if you’re like me, and fascinated by stats and trivia and so forth, you’ll definitely want to read the updated “Intro to Hanfic” now that it features slightly more accurate/up to date information and an additional section on the Anthem era.
Check it all out and check back soon for my next fic review!
Things have been quiet around here, I know. First things first: the Anthem era hall of fame poll has been extended quite a bit more than I meant for it to be. Oops. But if you haven’t voted yet, you have two more days! So go here and make your vote count.
Secondly, the reviews for September have finally been posted! They were delayed too, again for a variety of reasons. I’ve reviewed Behind Walls by Cad. In the same time it took me to do that, Elizabeth has managed to review Beneath My Skin by Aimster, Cricket by KT and Kindred: A Day In The Life, 1998 by Aimster. You can find all four of those reviews in the Anthem era section.
Keep an eye on this space for more updates, hopefully less delayed than these.
Click the read more link to learn more about the wonderful judges who are helping me with the Anthem hall of fame!
Read More Read More
Okay, so most of these questions haven’t actually been asked, frequently or otherwise. But I do anticipate that several of them will be, so I thought I would go ahead and cover my ass now. If you have any questions that aren’t covered here, please leave a comment, email, tweet me, whatever!
Read More Read More
If you follow any of the various PTH social media, you may have noticed a lot of talk about the Hall of Fame. You can click on that link to see what it’s all about, if you’re not familiar with it. Basically, it’s just a carefully vetted list of the top twenty fics that define each Hanson era. Well, with the greatest hits album coming out in just a few weeks, it’s time to wrap up the Anthem era!
Just as I did for the Shout It Out era, I’m conducting a poll to see what you think are the top fics! With your help, along with that of the judges I’ve enlisted (more on them in the posts coming shortly after this one), we’ll be able to come up with a great list.
Read on for the instructions on how to make your vote count, and then do it!
1. Check out the list below the “read more” link to familiarize yourself with the candidates. The link to vote is located below that.
2. You may only vote once. Your vote can be edited if it needs to be.
3. You must vote for exactly ten stories/series. I know it’s tough, but it’s necessary to get the best results.
4. If a fic you want to vote for isn’t listed, double check that A) it wasn’t written before 2013 and B) it isn’t part of a series/a sequel to a fic that is listed. If neither of those is the case, select the last checkbox for “Other” and write it in.
5. Once you’ve cast your vote, please feel free to help promote the poll. The more votes, the better! The poll will close on September 8.
Read More Read More